Buckwheat Noodles – 250g
Certified Organic, Wheat & Gluten Free, Vegan, Non-GMO, 3 paper-tied servings per pack.
Noodles are generally considered one of the most nourishing ‘fast foods’ on earth.
Our 100% Buckwheat Noodles are organic, gluten-free, naturally wheat free and non-GMO. Despite it’s name, buckwheat contains no wheat, it’s not even a grain. Instead it’s a seed related to leafy vegetables like rhubarb and sorrel. It has been proven to be high in protein, fibre, and minerals such as magnesium.
Our buckwheat flour is made with hulled buckwheat kernels, steamed and air dried to maintain the purity. The only part not used is the outer shell husk which can be hard on the digestive system, usually used for filling pillows and mattresses.
King Soba Organic 100% Buckwheat Noodles are kosher, ideal for vegetarians, vegans, celiacs or people who are wheat and gluten sensitive. Also, as a low glycemic index food, they work well in the GI (Glycemic Index) diet. Along with typical Asian style dishes, try swapping pasta for these noodles and enjoy a robust spaghetti pasta dish, that’s healthy too!
Ingredients: Organic 100% buckwheat flour.
The Soaking Method
- Remove the paper ties and lay the noodles flat in a pot.
- Boil water then turn off the heat. Carefully pour the hot water over the noodles making sure the water covers them.
- Stir the noodles with a fork, separating the noodles to avoid any clumping.
- Leave them to sit in the hot water for 8 minutes or until they become soft.
- Drain and rinse under cold water to avoid sticking.
- Re-heat by either; adding to your ingredients, pouring hot water over them in a colander, or briefly microwaving.
The Stove Method
- Remove the paper ties around the noodles bundles.
- Using a medium to large pot to avoid any clumping, bring water to a rolling boil.
- Submerge the noodles them reduce the heat to medium to prevent overcooking.
- Using a fork or chopsticks, briefly stir the noodles, gently separating them to avoid any clumping.
- Cook for 5 to 6 minutes or until they begin to soften, gently stirring occasionally. Be careful not to overcook them.
- Drain and rinse under cold running water to avoid sticking.
- Re-heat by adding to your ingredients or briefly microwaving.